Exciting News ~ Camisha's Cakes is hiring for talented cake decorators!
Are you someone who enjoys creating deliciously designed cakes? Do you love baking happiness? If so, send your application and cover letter to email@example.com
We’re open Tuesday through Saturday from 8:30am to 3:30pm and closed for all major holidays. This is a part-time position that will start at 3 days a week with the opportunity for full-time based on experience and abilities. In this position, you will be helping the bakery run its day-to-day course.
• Sugar Cookies
• Seasonal Dessert Items
• And more as our menu grows...
- Previous experience working in a cake and pastry production bakery at least 1 year
- Minimum of 3+ years experience as a cake decorator artist at home, school or understudy of some sort
- Baking and pastry school is a plus
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, all while working efficiently and quickly
- Ability to work a full 8 hour shift, with occasional overtime (holiday season)
- Willingness to work early shifts on exceptionally busy days (as early as 6am)
- Understanding of and adherence to kitchen sanitation practices as outlined by OSHA standards
- Ability to work alone and manage time and responsibilities independently
- Safely and properly lift up to 50 lbs on a regular basis
- CA Food Handlers certificate within 30 days of start
- Knowledge and practice of safe sanitation
- Proof of identity and citizenship/work status
- Able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen staff, retail personnel, and customers
- Understand and respond to situations with an appropriate sense of urgency and good judgment
- Reliable, trustworthy and excellent multi-tasking skills
Other Duties & Qualifications:
- Following recipes, making large volume cake batters, cookie doughs and butter creams
- Handling Online delivery orders as they come in (GrubHub, Doordash, Uber Eats)
- Daily cleaning including, but not limited to scrubbing work station tables and sweeping work area under mats/tables
- Organizing and keeping products and supplies in order, putting things where they belong when not in use
- Taking inventory including cupcakes for sale as well as ingredients as things start running low
- Answering the phone with professional greeting
- Assisting the owner with all incoming orders and special projects.
This position is for someone who loves to bake and create beautiful, delicious desserts from the smallest mini cupcake to the largest wedding cake!
Please email your resume along with at least 10+ of your favorite decorated cakes that you’ve made or an instagram handle with photos of your creations. Include a short paragraph about yourself and why you would be a good fit for our team. We look forward to hearing from you!
Job Type: Part-Time to start
Schedule: Day shift + Saturdays
Experience: Minimum of 3 years required